Each property with a Council-provided kerbside garbage service is entitled to one Hard Waste Collection of up to two cubic metres of items each financial year.
Collections are fortnightly eleven months of the year (no collections in January)
The cost is $67 per collection or $37.10 including GST for pensioner or health care card holder.
A maximum of 2 mattresses can be picked up for an additional fee (Mattress Recycling Fee: Single Bed $10.30 each, Double Bed or larger $20.60 each). Note: Mattress Recycling Fee only applies to mattresses with metal inner-springs. Foam-only mattresses can be collected as a routine hard waste item within the 2 cubic metre allowance.
Please contact our office on (03) 5672 1933 to arrange booking and payment
If you need to change or cancel this collection booking, please provide 3 full working days notice.
Strictly 2 cubic metres only of hard waste will be collected per household. (Maximum length of material is 1.8 metres in length.) Do not put items out prior to 48hours before your scheduled collection week as this will encourage other illegally dumped items to be added to your collection. Excess will not be collected and removal will be the responsibility of the householder.
Please place items in one neat pile within the boundary of the property but as close to the boundary as possible and where it will not obstruct the footpath, road, fences or letterboxes.
What can be collected:
- Furniture e.g. couches, bed frames, chairs, tables, desks, office cabinets.
- Whitegoods and appliances e.g. refrigerators, ovens and stoves, washing machines, dishwashers, small appliances.
- Tools, mowers, scrap metal e.g. old BBQs, fencing wire, metal rods and poles, empty clean paint tins with lids off.
- Children’s toys, kitchenware, most common household items.
- Timber pieces less than 1.8 metres in length (nails must be removed or flattened).
What can’t be collected:
- Garden waste or bagged household rubbish.
- Glass e.g. TVs and computer monitors, glass table tops, old windows.
- Car batteries, car parts, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, chemicals, asbestos or tyres.
- Concrete pieces, building/renovation rubble, ashes or dust
- Liquid waste or items containing liquid e.g. motor oil, oil heaters.
- Items longer than 1.8 metres in length or single items weighing over 25 kgs that cannot easily be lifted by two people.