Wonthaggi Recyclers Manages & Operates the Transfer Stations at Wonthaggi and Inverloch.
Hours of Operation
- Wonthaggi situated at 180 Cameron Street Wonthaggi – 7 Days, 8.30am to 4.30pm – last customer 4.15pm
- Inverloch situated at 80 Old Ford Road Inverloch – Sat-Mon 8.30am to 4.30pm – last customer 4.15pm
Waste Disposal Options
Waste and Recycle Disposal Guidelines
Fee schedules for the Wonthaggi and Inverloch Transfer Stations outline the types of waste that are accepted at each location and the relevant fee. Separated recyclables remain free of charge. Large Commercial loads can only be disposed of at Grantville Landfill.
Asbestos will not be accepted at Wonthaggi or Inverloch. Domestic asbestos removed from within the Bass Coast Shire will be accepted at the Grantville Landfill ONLY and must comply with the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) regulations. More information on asbestos disposal requirements can be obtained by calling the Grantville Landfill on (03) 5678 8739 or Council on 1300 BCOAST (226 278).
Many people used to refer to a Waste Transfer Station and Recycling Centre as a tip. These facilities now provide a range of opportunities for people to recycle waste rather than tipping into a landfill. Recycling helps protect the environment and our precious resources for the benefit of future generations.
If you have any other waste queries please contact us on 03 5672 1933.
Green Waste Amnesty
Amnesty Period for 2020: From Saturday, 31st October to Sunday, 22nd November (inclusive)
Council provides a green waste amnesty period to encourage residents to prepare for the fire season each year. You can dispose of green waste at the Transfer Stations at no charge during this period. Weed species and species that cannot physically be mulched (eg palm fronds) are not accepted and fees will apply.
E Waste Disposal
Transfer Stations now accept E-waste.
E-waste products accepted free of charge:
- All televisions, such as CRTs, Plasma, LCD and projection televisions
Computers and computer products
- Personal computers
- Laptops, notebooks, palmtops and tablets
- Computer monitors
- Parts for personal computers – for example internal hard drives, motherboards, cards, internal power supplies, CPUs, DVD and CD drives
- Computer peripherals – for example mice, keyboards, joysticks, game pads, scanners and web cameras
- Printers – For example ink-jet, dot matrix, laser printers and multi-functional devices.
- Mobile phones are accepted free of charge – Look for the ‘mobile muster’ deposit box located at each of the transfer stations.
E-waste products accepted at $5.00 per item:
- Game consoles (such as Microsoft Xboxes or Sony Playstations)
- Video recorders
- DVD players
- Universal power supplies
For more information regarding the disposal of E-waste please contact us on 03 5672 1933.
Free Disposal of Recyclables
You can deposit a number of recyclable products free of charge at either Wonthaggi or Inverloch Transfer Stations.
Recyclables you can dispose of free of charge include:
- Scrap metal- aluminum, steel, white goods, large and small appliances
- Glass – bottles, jars, most other types of glass (no window or mirror glass)
- Plastic – bottles and containers
- Paper and cardboard – newspaper, milk cartons, office paper, cardboard (packaging and strapping must be removed)
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes (Wonthaggi only)
- Used motor oil – up to 20 litres (Wonthaggi only)
- Batteries – household and vehicle batteries
- Empty paint tins – scraped clean
- Garden and garage equipment – metal tools, lawn mowers
- Paint – Wonthaggi only. Limit of 20 Litres
- No cooking oil